Progressing towards the final pieces

Progressing towards the final pieces 
As previously mentioned, the creamy colour paint mix was very time consuming due to not recording it. I think it isn't very ideal, when you are making your colour palettes , you don't tend to record every single colour. Nevertheless, I should've made a record of what mediums  I had used, if not particularly the exact amounts, because it was indeed a complex mix.
It also kept me from trying a colour from the cool colour palette with these mediums, so I decided to keep the pink shades for sublimation print, as it is a lot quicker.

I had come to terms on a fact that during this project, the more I experimented the more interesting techniques I found out. In addition, this kept me from focusing and finishing on what I already had in front of me. Such as, while making laser cutting files I would get bored of working with the black and white lines all day so I tried manipulating around my scanned drawings for some time and unintentionally got some very interesting prints; then out of all the prints I had to decide to the simplest print due to other techniques I had planned to cover in this project.

On the other hand, I also tried the impasto gel to transfer images on to surfaces to give me a more stiffer handle, inspired by the Royal Armouries. In this case, I initially used a wrong medium and found out I could actually achieve drawing with this material on to any material: even on sheer fabric. This time I took this mistake as a learning factor and developed this further towards my final piece.
Before the Royal armouries trip:
I was drawn towards sheer fabric; engraving on to it was a struggle, laser cutting could lead to fraying. So, fabric wasn’t very ideal for my intricate designs.
Action taken: try simple designs, such as the herringbone lines could be engraved to give a subtle mark making on to fabric. Alternatively, cut, where the fabric has a stiffer handle with the mixed media mediums.
Pattern darning and hand embroidery- very time consuming techniques- kept me from experimenting more which is perhaps good because while working on this project I realised that the more I experiment the more I found things that work and then I want to develop those which could make me loose track.
Second Trial:
Used tubes, thick coat of the paint
Efficient and strong apparatus
Dried for 2 days in front of the heater
little crumbling in taking the moulds off
 Reinforced with two coats of PVA glue and one coat of the actual paint



First trial:
Inefficient Apparatus, just enough coat of the paint
dried for 4 days; stayed wet in the middle
While moulding off, everything crumbled apart and there was nothing to assemble together

Comments

Popular Posts